Two days at the Brooklyn Quirk’s event went by in an instant! The event drew a lot of attendees from New York, New Jersey and Connecticut. But I also met a fair number of people from Pennsylvania, Maryland, and even Ohio and Illinois!
Here are some of my highlights from this great event:
- Catching up with many of my favorites researchers, including, Mark Cohen of Cengage, David Harris (author of my favorite questionnaire design book), Namika Sagara PhD President at the Behavioral Science Center at Ipsos, author and market research guru Annie Pettit, Cherlyn Robinson of CR Market Surveys (who I finally met in-person!), Marcy Updike of Gen Re and many many more.
- Best Booth Gimmick: Research Now had the best booth gimmick, a sketch artist who drew derrieres. This guy is world famous: check out his clip from Jimmy Kimmel.
- Best Mascot: Big Bird! That bird always makes me smile.
- Meeting new friends, including international ones! From Cologne, Germany, I had a great conversation with Frank Buckler PhD. of Success Drivers —a quant researcher with expertise in key driver analysis and related methods who really knows how to make data analytics useful to business people. But he owes me a beer ????
- No research event would be complete without the generous, lovely photography services of Nelson Davis of P2P Sample.
- Boston in New York? Why is it that I see my local Boston-area research friends more when I am out of town? It was great to catch up with Rich Armstrong and team from My-Take (an awesome online community provider). But their offices are just 2 miles down the road from the Research Rockstar office! And Tony Cheevers from Researchscape, another Boston-based research friend—do I ever see him in Boston? Nope. New York? Yes.
Thanks to everyone who entered the Research Rockstar raffle. Raffle winners from Brooklyn were: Greg W, Jeff P, Meagan M, Betsy K, Beth L who all won Research Rockstar t-shirts. Deanna V was the winner of a 12-month Backstage pass! Thanks to all who entered!
And of course, a big thank you to the Quirk’s team for hosting a great event and attracting amazing attendees.