A market segmentation model can help your organization optimize how it defines, finds and appeals to important customer groups. It can inform decisions about messaging, sales strategies, product roadmaps, strategic planning and more. It can even be used to identify what customer groups to avoid.
Get the white paper here.
For most companies, competition is fierce. To rise above it and succeed, innovative companies seek out profitable market niches. Finding, profiling and targeting niche markets is far more efficient than treating a target market as one generalized group.
Market segmentation research is an objective, efficient method for developing a niche marketing strategy. Such studies deliver the information you need to prioritize among potential niches, so you can pursue a sales and marketing strategy with confidence.
How to Start a Segmentation Program
Resources from Research Rockstar:
- Read the FREE white paper: White Paper
- Check out the 53-minute Class: Class Details
- See a preview of the 53-minute Class: YouTube
- Read a short article: Article
- Read a slightly longer article, as published in Quirk’s magazine: Quirk’s article
- Schedule an on-site project planning workshop for your team: Request Form
Two of the popular Market Research magazines occasionally cover market segmentation topics:
For those seeking to read more on the topic, here are some recommendations:
- Market Segmentation: How to do it, how to profit from it (on Amazon)
- Segmentation & Positioning for Strategic Marketing Decisions (on Amazon)
- A good overview article article from SDR Consulting as posted on the Greenbook site: Lessons Learned
- Another article, even though it’s 10 years old, makes some excellent points about the benefits and challenges: McKinsey Quarterly