We get a lot of questions from people evaluating low-cost online survey platforms. And given that there are now more than 50 options available (see partial list at the end of this article), it is a bit confusing. Before you start evaluating options, consider these checklist items:
- Do you want a platform that integrates with a third party for panel access, or do you plan to provide your own sample?
- Do you need support for constant sum, rating, and semantic differential scales?
- Do you want to be able to impose complex quota rules?
- Do you want to be able to set up a library of commonly used questions or survey designs?
- Do you prefer simple questionnaire designs (perhaps for colleagues who may find more advanced options confusing)?
- Do you plan to do data analysis in the platform itself, or will you be exporting to SPSS or other programs?
- Do you want to customize and automate delivery of reports to colleagues?
Depending on your answers, your platform needs will vary. In fact, a “yes” answer to 2 or 3 of these will narrow your field of options down considerably.
Here are some of your lower-cost online survey platform options:
Wufoo – http:/wufoo.com/ (just acquired by SurveyMonkey)
And many, many more!
[If you haven’t done so already, click HERE to sign up for Research Rockstar’s Market Research Newsletter.]